Funds may be granted to any entity for proper use of CMS-approved projects to protect or improve the quality of life for individuals residing in nursing facilities provided that the responsible receiving entity is:
- Qualified and capable of carrying out the intended project or use;
- Not in any conflict of interest relationship with the entity or entities that will benefit from the intended project or use; and
- Not paid by a State or federal source to perform the same function as the CMP-RP project or use. CMP Reinvestment funds may not be used to enlarge or enhance an existing appropriation or statutory purpose.
Examples of eligible organizations include, and are not limited to:
- Consumer advocacy organizations
- Resident or family councils
- Professional or state nursing facility associations.
- Certified LTC facilities (SNF, NF, SNF/NF)
- Private contractors
- Licensed and Medicaid-certified Nursing Facilities
- Healthcare systems
- State agencies
- For-profit or non-profit organizations
- Provider Associations
Individuals are not eligible for CMP Reinvestment funds.
If you would like confirmation that your organization is eligible to apply for CMP Reinvestment funds, please contact the CMP Reinvestment Program Analyst Team. (CMPFunds@dmas.virginia.gov)